- This is the first episode to have a pink opening, as it is a Valentine's Day episode.
- This is the only season three episode with no deaths, though the second part does have deaths.
- Despite the fact that these two episodes are separate, they both share the same name. Unlike the other two part episodes.
- The moral of the first part is the same as in Concrete Solution.
- This is the first internet episode that Nutty stars in since Icy You.
- This is the first starring episode that Nutty survives since Nuttin' but the Tooth.
- This is the second time a character has tried to stop Nutty from eating a treat he is after, the first time is with Flaky in Party Animal.
- Despite being a Valentine's Day episode, this episode had no females (unless you count the chocolate box, which appears in Nutty's imagination).
- Because this episode is Valentine-themed, all the trees that appeared in this episode are heart-shaped.
- Nutty grabbing the coin knob on the gumball machine in one of his fantasies may be the equivalent of a man grabbing a woman's breast.
- This is the first internet episode to say who stars and who features in the episode rather than just the starring roles.
- If one looks closely, when Nutty sees the lollipop, his pupils enlarge, which is what happens to someone when they find another person attractive.
- This is the first episode of the third season internet episode where Toothy doesn't appear.
- A "sucker for love" is a person who is desperate for a date.
- The moral means to accept life's misfortunes as well as its joys.
- Cub's injury is similar to Giggles' injury in Eyes Cold Lemonade.
- Nutty's injury of getting his mouth cut from glass is similar to one of Sniffles' injuries in Tongue in Cheek.
- Micheal Lipman's voice is sampled for almost every single sound Nutty makes in this episode.