"meat" their doom.
|Season:||Internet Season 1|
|Title Reference/Pun:||Meet me for lunch|
|Aired:||March 2, 2001|
|Writers:|| Mark Fiorenza|
|Previous Episode||Tongue Twister Trouble|
|Next Episode||Sweet Ride|
Meat Me for Lunch is an episode of the Happy Tree Friends internet series, the twentieth of the first season.
HTF Episode Description
Hungry, our favorite duo of kleptomaniacs open their refrigerator, only to find it empty (of food at least). Initially saddened, they come up with a plan to get some food.
The scene shifts to the exterior of Lumpy's Butcher Shop. As an alarm goes off, Lifty and Shifty exit the building with armfuls of meat, while Lumpy chases after and yells at them holding a toilet plunger. A chain of sausage gets stuck in the automatic door, however, and Lifty and Shifty are yanked back into the store.
Shifty gets slammed into a wall and is slowly fed into a meat grinder, which grinds him into sausage. Lifty lands against a rack of sharp objects, which fall as he slides down the wall. Several knives and forks pierce his legs and one of his arms. As he tries to remove these objects, he realizes he's sitting on a meat slicer. Thin, circular portions of his body are sliced as he screams in pain.
The scene cuts once more to Lumpy standing behind his counter as Petunia enjoys a green hot dog (in a display case in the background you can see more green hot dogs and a stack of thin green circular meat). Petunia seems to be enjoying her raccoon-meat hot dog until she sticks out her tongue, which is holding an eyeball.
"Read a Book!"
- Shifty is ground into sausage.
- Lifty is sliced into thin portions of meat. (Confirmed by Kenn Navarro)
- Lumpy's antlers change directions a few times.
- When Lumpy exits the building the automatic doors don't stay open, even though he is standing within range of its sensors (maybe its malfunctioning).
- When Lifty, Shifty, and Lumpy run outside, there is a pattern on the automatic doors. When Lifty and Shifty fly through the doors, however, the doors are smooth glass.
- When Lifty & Shifty appear in the intro their pupils go over their eyes Shifty's being more noticeable this also happens to Lifty again when he his sad but looks up at Shifty with an idea.
- The trees are distorted throughout the episode, even when it's not meant to look like a motion blur.
- Lifty's tail disappears as he's being sliced (Debatable, it was possibly sliced off).
- Lifty should not have been pulled back into the butcher shop, since Shifty was holding the sausage chain.
- When Petunia sticks out her tongue, her buck teeth are apart.
- The ham slicer Lifty lands on activates without being turned on.
- As Lifty gets stabbed by numerous sharp objects, at one part of the scene you can clearly see that Lifty's left leg detached from his body.
- As Lifty and Shifty run out of the butcher shop, Lifty was holding a steak and some ribs, after a close-up the steak is replaced with another set of ribs. Also, Shifty was holding two steaks, a stick of ham, and the sausage chain. But in the close-up, if one looks real hard, Shifty is holding a third steak.
- The blood in this episode is orange.
- Lumpy is more of a featuring character.
- Petunia is missing her tail.
- Shifty flew into the meat grinder tail-first, but when the sausages came out, his eyes were at the front of the chain.
- The sausages from Shifty should have been red, not green.
- When Lumpy is standing behind the counter, his legs aren't visible. (Debatable, because his legs may have been blocked by something.)
- This episode marks the first time a character unknowingly consumes the remains of another character. Other instances include Eyes Cold Lemonade when Giggles drinks Petunia's blood, thinking it's lemonade, Can't Stop Coffin when The Mole eats Cuddles' eyeball, thinking it's an apple, and in The Chokes on You, when Flaky eats pieces of Lumpy's hands thinking they're doughnuts.
- This is the first episode to air in 2001.
- Lifty's death in this episode may be a nod to Dr. Seuss' book Green Eggs and Ham.
- This is the first episode in which Lifty and Shifty die different deaths.
- Throughout the episode, Lifty and Shifty use the same laugh (Tee-hee-hee-hee-hee).
- The part of the duo being pulled by a chain of sausages was an obvious goof.
- Had Lifty not been pulled, this would have been the first episode where one of the raccoons dies and the other survives, however the HTF Break Cheesy Does It became the first episode where it happened.
- There was a shoe in the freezer.
- For many years, people have speculated that Lifty had survived because only his tail was getting sliced up. It wasn't until August 10, 2015, that Kenn Navarro confirmed that Lifty died in this episode.