Although most of the characters are anthropomorphic, they still have some natural instincts of their real animal counterparts.
- In Out on a Limb Lumpy mooed like an real moose when he was in pain.
- He has low intellegence like some moose.
- Probably one of the most well known instincts is that he tried to eat ants like real anteaters.
In Helping Helps he was seen harvesting acorns.
- Like most moles, he lives underground.
- He is blind, the same way most moles are blind or prone to brightness.
- Several times he can be heard making squeaky "chittery" sounds (though he makes a lot of strange sounds when he is on a "sugar high").
- Being a squirrel, he is able to easily to climb trees in Take a Hike even after stuffing himself with honey.
- Like many raccoons, they were seen in a trash dumpster, as seen in As You Wish.
- Raccoons are born natural theives.
- He eats seafood.
- He can swim and hold his breath for a long time (though in Sea What I Found he was supplied with oxygen, it may have been because he was under water for a very long time).
- As shown in Whose Line Is It Anyway?, he cracks open shells with his chest, like actual sea otters.
- Although she's anthropomorphic, she has the ability to climb trees (which is a real ability of porcupines) in Take a Hike.
- Just like other porcipines, when she's scared she uses her quills.
- When she talks, screams, or laughs, she bleats like a real sheep.
- He is shown to follow a carnivorous diet like real bears. He is seen drinking/eating the bloody remains of Cuddles (Flippin' Burgers), Mime (Party Animal), Shifty (Easy For You to Sleigh) and Lumpy (Remains to be Seen)
- In Operation: Tiger Bomb, he makes growling/roaring sounds when attacking the Tiger General.
Moreso than other characters, they seem to be anthropomorphic crossed with non-anthropomorphic animals, (though Sniffles probably wouldn't try to eat them otherwise). Some examples include:
- They have been seen collecting, like fruit, crumbs, etc.
- They live in an anthill.
- They only let family members/certain ants enter their nest.
- Many times he makes monkey sounds, most notably right before he begins a fight.
- Like other monkeys, he is very strong, flexible and athletic.
- He made snorting sounds a couple of times.
- He squealed when he was about to die.
- He can change color and camouflage his body (although this could be with the help of technology, as he becomes entirely invisible, or it may simply be a cartoonish effect.), however, the camouflaging ability in real chameleons is just a coincidence, they normally change colour due to their mood (among other things).
- He can climb on/stick to walls.
- In the episode Blind Date, she sprays at Disco Bear when he gets too close, just like real skunks (debatable, as it could have been pepper spray).
- In Can't Stop Coffin, Toothy uses his tail to hit the baseball instead of the bat.