- This is the highest rated and viewed episode of season one.
- This is the first episode that Nutty starred in and didn't die. The next time was in the False Alarm episode and Bite Sized.
- This is also the only one of Nutty's regular starring roles that he survives in.
- This is the only regular episode to date that Toothy has starred in and survived. (Debatable, as he might have survived Banjo Frenzy)
- This is the first episode where Nutty receives a jaw injury, this would happen again in Chew Said a Mouthful and Bite Sized.
- This is the first episode (and the only episode of the First Season of the Internet series) in which Toothy and Nutty survive.
- This is one of the episodes with no deaths.
- This episode makes Nutty the ninth character to come back to life for another episode.
- This is one of the few episodes where Lumpy's antlers don't change directions (as he only appeared in one shot).
- This is the only episode that Nutty stars in that doesn't revolve around his love for sweets.
- The title of this episode references the name of the two starring characters: Nutty (Nuttin') and Toothy (Tooth).
- This is the episode where Toothy speaks clear English the most.
- There are no female characters in this episode.
- A Blurb was released on April 4, 2012 in HD. This is the second Blurb of a Season 1 episode, yet the only one in HD. The other was Spin Fun Knowin' Ya.
- However, unlike other Blurbs, this has a special HD version that has added to the sides rather than just zooming in.
- The binary code shown with the video's info reads: "The brand new Happy Tree Friends episode, Royal Flush, will be out at the end of April!".
- This is one of the many episodes to have a Blurb.
- The YouTube thumbnail for the Blurb spoils the ending, as well as Nutty's injury.
- This is one of the five Season 1 episodes to have a moral that has anything to do with the episode, instead of just a random piece of advice like "Read a book" or "Eat your veggies!". The others are Water You Wading For, Wheelin' and Dealin', Mime and Mime Again, and Sweet Ride.
- Nutty's injury is similar to one of his jaw injuries in Chew Said a Mouthful, only his bottom jaw is torn off here.
- There were three endings planned for this episode (including the one that was used) that were drawn up on the storyboard. The first alternative ending involved Toothy getting into Nutty's mouth and hitting his teeth out of his mouth using a golf club, whereupon the decayed tooth lands in a golf hole. The second alternative ending involved Toothy using a car jack in Nutty's mouth, tearing off the top part of Nutty's head, killing him.