on a date with death!
|Episode:||Love Bite 4|
|Previous Episode||I Heart U|
|Next Episode||My Better Half|
On My Mind is the fourth of the Love Bites shorts.
The short begins with Flippy and Giggles sitting at a table outside a diner, staring lovingly into each other's eyes. Flippy then gives Giggles a rose, which she highly adores. Flippy then decides to celebrate their relationship by opening a bottle of champagne. Unfortunately, when he pops the cork off, he is instantly reminded of a gun shot and flips out.
As Giggles happily holds her rose, Fliqpy grabs it and roughly yanks it from her hand, tearing off the skin on her hand. As Giggles screams in horror at what Fliqpy did to her, he rams the rose through the side of her head. As Giggles screams loudly in pain, Fliqpy rubs the rose back and forth, tearing away at Giggles' brain until she eventually dies.
- Get it through your head, we're done!
- Giggles dies from having the thorns of a rose run through her brain by Fliqpy.
- When Fliqpy pulls the rose from Giggles' hand, the skin on her hand is ripped off.
- Amount of surviving main characters: 1
- Amount of dead main characters: 1
- Total Rate: 50%
- The bottle of champagne is destroyed by Fliqpy.
- So far, this is the only Love Bites short without a scene after the ending tag.
- This is the first and only Love Bites short in which Giggles dies. She is only injured in her other Love Bites appearances.
- This is also the first (and so far, only) episode in which Flippy falls in love with anyone or dates with another character.
- This short proved that Flippy is not cured from his PTSD, despite seemingly getting rid of it in Autopsy Turvy, and he still flips out.
- This episode was met with hostility by certain fans who feel that Flippy should be paired up with Flaky (the latter's gender was initially unknown). There might be evidence that creators intentionally made this episode to create divisions, or to poke fun at and irritate the fandom.
- This could be considered the most famous Love Bites short, likely due to Flippy being the most popular character of Happy Tree Friends.
- This is the first (and only) episode/short to explore the romantic relationship between Flippy and Giggles.
- This marks the second time where a character's voice gets lower as they die, the first being Handy's death in the TV episode Ipso Fatso.
- There is only one shot in this short in which a mitten hand can be seen. This instance is before Giggles begins screaming after Flippy rams the rose though her head.
- This is one of the very few episodes to feature nostrils on a character with a heart-shaped nose.