Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Gender:|| Panda Mom (Female)|
|Color:||Black and White|
|Love Interest(s):|| (Possibly) deceased husband (Panda Mom)|
|First Appearance:||Books of Fury|
|Last Appearance:||Three Courses of Death|
|Voice Actor/Actress:||Lori Jee|
Panda Mom is a minor reoccurring character in Buddhist Monkey's episodes. She is a female panda who carries her baby around in a cradle board. It is unknown what gender her baby is. She appeared in two of Buddhist Monkey's episodes (Books of Fury and Three Courses of Death). In Books of Fury, she was a library stacker and nearly got caught up in Buddhist Monkey and a Generic Tree Ninjas' race down the aisle. She and her baby make another reappearance in Buddhist Monkey's Ka-Pow! series.
It is revealed in Three Courses of Death that she is poor and has to dig through Buddhist Monkey's garbage for food, having to settle on a cooked fish skeleton. At the end of the episode, after Buddhist Monkey kills Char Sui and The Giant Crab, a claw broken off from The Giant Crab floats across a pond to where Panda Mom is roasting the fish skeleton on a fire. Ecstatic after finding a new source of food, she jumps for joy. Panda Mom and her baby are likely to return in future Buddhist Monkey episodes.
Panda Mom and Baby Episodes
- Library stacker - Books of Fury
- She is one of the only characters to be the same color as their real world animal counterparts. Most of the other characters have a completely different color from their counterparts (e.g. Lifty and Shifty are dark green while real raccoons are grey or brown).
- She is one of the few characters not to have died or killed another character.
- She could be the female Asian equivalent of Pop, as her baby has eyes similar to those of Cub and both are single parents.
- Back in Books of Fury, her kimono was pink, but in Three Courses of Death, it was gray.
- She could be Japanese because of her kimono, but may also be Thai because of her sun hat. The Buddhist Monkey is most likely Chinese, though.
- She is the second female (next to Flaky) to not have eyelashes, although that may be a simple oversight.