|Season:||TV Season 1|
|Aired:||October 2, 2006|
|Writers:|| Kenn Navarro|
Part 1Part 2
|Previous Episode||And the Kitchen Sink|
|Next Episode||Ipso Fatso|
Party Animal is episode number 2.1 of the Happy Tree Friends television series.
HTF Episode Description
Surprise, happy birthday Flippy! (Part 1)
Watch how Flippy cuts loose at his party! (Part 2)
The friends throw Flippy a surprise party. Flippy loves surprises! (DVD)
While Flaky is making cake batter in the kitchen, Nutty is drawn to some chocolate chips on the counter and reaches for one. Flaky slaps his hand away, however, and assertively tells him that he cannot eat the ingredients. She gets a peanut and cracks the shell, dropping the peanuts into a blender. She turns it on, but it becomes jammed due to a peanut shell getting stuck in the razor blades. Flaky reaches for the shell but stops with a nervous laugh, remembering that the blender is still on. She then unplugs the cord from the wall before pulling the shell out.
Seeing a peanut still in the shell, she tosses the peanut into her mouth. All of a sudden, a purple rash spreads over Flaky's body, her lips swell up, and her body bloats and swells up like a balloon, revealing that she has a peanut allergy.
Nutty rushes over to help, but is distracted by the platter of chocolate chips sitting on the counter. He takes a while to decide whether to help Flaky or eat the chocolate, and in the end, he pushes Flaky away and chows down on the sweets.
The next scene shows Flaky leaving the hospital when all of a sudden, Mime rides up on his unicycle and offers her some peanuts. Lumpy, the doctor, quickly slaps Mime's peanut bag to the ground, causing Mime to become upset and "cry."
Back at the house, Flaky, Cuddles, Toothy, Nutty, The Mole, Mime, and Sniffles are decorating the place for the party. Mime blows up some balloons and makes balloon animals, but lets one go, which leads him over to the blender where he gets some peanuts that Flaky was using; The Mole puts up a game of pin the tail on the donkey, not knowing that it is upside down; Nutty pours extra sugar in the punch, thinking it is not sweet enough; and Sniffles fills a barrel with water for apple bobbing.
As they finish their preparations, Flaky sees someone coming towards the house and tells everyone to be quiet. The Mole turns off the lights shortly before the door opens, revealing a shadow.
When the lights are turned back on, Flippy can be seen standing in the doorway while everyone shouts "SURPRISE!" Shocked by this, Flippy is startled, but luckily, he does not flip out. Everybody sings "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" as Flaky brings Flippy his birthday cake, causing Flippy to shed a tear of happiness. The camera cuts to Nutty, who has just filled the punch bowl with a large quantity of sugar, followed by The Mole, who has begun playing pin the tail on the donkey. While Flippy makes a wish and blows out the candles, Flaky hands him a cake knife to cut the cake, leading him to almost flip out. Fortunately, he snaps out of it and begins cutting the cake.
Nutty, now standing next to a punch bowl completely filled with sugar, consumes a drop of the sugar. He gets an intense sugar rush and begins spinning like a tornado around the house. The tornado sucks some peanuts out of Mime's hand and causes them to fly into Flaky's mouth as she is about to eat the first slice of cake. She suffers the same allergic reaction as she did earlier, popping the balloons around her with her quills as she bloats up. Mistaking the popping noises for gunshots, Flippy finally flips out and turns into Fliqpy.
First, he attacks Toothy by cutting off part of his face with the cake cutter. He places the slice of face on Cuddles' plate before tying some balloons around Cuddles' neck and letting go of them, leaving Cuddles to fly into a ceiling fan where he is shredded to pieces. Next, as the spinning Nutty approaches him, Fliqpy holds out the cutter and slices Nutty like an apple.
Fliqpy now turns his attention to Mime, who is reaching for peanuts in the blender, oblivious to all that has gone on around him. Fliqpy plugs in the blender and shoves Mime into the it, grinding him into a bloody mush.
Sniffles, seeing everything that has happened, hides in the water barrel. Fliqpy searches for more victims to kill when his gaze comes upon Sniffles' snout poking out of the barrel. He puts the lid on the barrel, almost drowning Sniffles who attempts to escape, but to no avail.
Fliqpy begins sticking knives, forks, and other sharp objects into the barrel, narrowly missing Sniffles' body and draining the water. Sniffles gives a sigh of relief, but Fliqpy takes the barrel outside and rolls it down a hill. The barrel breaks upon hitting a tree and a dismembered and bloody Sniffles flies out in numerous directions.
Unaware of what has happened, The Mole continues playing his game of pin the tail on the donkey and walks towards the bloated Flaky while holding the donkey tail. As he pokes Flaky in the eye with the tack on the tail, she explodes, bringing Flippy out of his flipped-out state.
He looks over to see The Mole impaled on the wall by many of Flaky's quills. Not seeming to notice (or at least care about) the death and destruction around him, Flippy uses one of Mime's antlers to mix the fluid in the blender, which is comprised of Mime's blood and the peanuts from earlier. Upon drinking the fluid, he enjoys the taste, but gets the same allergic reaction as Flaky did earlier. As the iris closes to end the episode, his lips are caught in the hole and cut off, with blood seeping from the lips as they fall.
"Life's a party and everyone is invited!"
- Fliqpy cuts Toothy's face like a cake.
- Fliqpy ties a group of balloons around Cuddles' neck and lets them go under a ceiling fan, leaving Cuddles to get sliced into pieces.
- Fliqpy carves Nutty's skin off like an apple with a cake cutter while Nutty's spinning around.
- Fliqpy plugs the blender's cord in while Mime's hand is inside it, then pushes him into the blender, grinding him completely.
- Fliqpy fills the barrel Sniffles is hiding in with sharp implaments pushes it down a hill, cutting Sniffles into little pieces.
- Flaky explodes when The Mole pokes a needle at her while she is bloated. (Death not seen, but some blood is shown, and her limbs can be seen flying on the screen.)
- The Mole is killed when he accidentally pops Flaky, causing her quills to pin him to the wall. (Death not seen)
- Flaky suffers from her peanut allergy and becomes bloated and swollen. (This happens twice)
- Mime's arm is caught in the spinning blades of a blender.
- Flippy has a similar allergic reaction to Flaky.
- Flippy's lips are chopped off by the closing iris of the episode.
- This episode does not have a "Featuring" card. Normally, Toothy, The Mole, Mime, Sniffles, Cuddles, and Nutty probably would have been on it.
- The refrigerator shifts positions several times as Flaky makes the cake batter.
- Nutty's lazy eye is on the left instead of the right until Flaky has her allergic reaction.
- Near the beginning of the episode, when Nutty is about to go for his first try at eating the chocolates, he has two lollipops on his face when he should only have one.
- The blender in this episode lacks its lid/cap.
- The candy on Nutty's body changes positions numerous times.
- When Flaky unplugs the blender, the cord is purple, but when Fliqpy plugs it back in, it is green.
- One of the bowls of sugar near the punch bowl disappears.
- The Mole's mole changes places on his face several times, sometimes during continuous shots.
- The first time Nutty stirs the punch, he uses two fingers to hold the spoon, but in the next shot, he is shown using all of his fingers to grab the spoon.
- The apples used for apple bobbing disappear once they have been dropped into the barrel of water (although it is possible that they may have just been fished out between scenes).
- The crest on Flippy's hat changes places several times, sometimes during continuous shots.
- The Mole is seen with all of the characters when they are singing, but when the screen cuts to Nutty, The Mole is trying to pin the tail on the donkey.
- The layout of the house during Fliqpy's killing spree is inconsistent.
- When Toothy's face is cut, his pupils remain on the sliced off portion as small dots. His Pac-Man-shaped pupils, however, are also still on the parts of his eyes that were not sliced off, giving him four pupils altogether.
- When Toothy's face is cut, his nose is the wrong shape.
- The blood on Flippy's face changes positions several times, sometimes during continuous shots.
- Cuddles' party hat disappears after Toothy is killed, and remains gone for the rest of the episode.
- The plate with the slice of Toothy's face on it disappears after Cuddles' remains fall to the ground.
- The ceiling fan completely shreds Cuddles' head, but he can still be heard screaming until all of his body is shredded.
- Based on the way Cuddles' and Nutty's blood gets thrown around, some of it should have hit Flippy. Instead, none of their blood spreads on Flippy.
- When Nutty is carved while spinning, the apple on his head disappears.
- It is very strange for Mime not to pay any attention to Fliqpy's killing spree, as the kitchen appears to be in the same room as the living/party room (as seen from Flippy's point of view).
- There are several mistakes in the scene in which Fliqpy looks around the room just before attacking Sniffles:
- Cuddles' sliced up body parts are nowhere to be seen.
- The blood on the fan that killed Cuddles is not there anymore.
- The positions of the dead characters change from where they were originally.
- Mime's body was completely ground up when Flippy killed him, but his lower body is still intact in this shot.
- When Fliqpy tries to kill Sniffles the first time, he only jams seven sharp objects through the barrel, but when he begins to roll the barrel down the hill, there are many more sharp objects jammed into the barrel. It is possible that he put in more off screen.
- Considering where The Mole was standing before popping Flaky, he should not have been pinned to the wall where the pin the tail on the donkey poster was.
- When Flippy snaps out of his trance, he still has his evil voice. When he drinks what is in the blender, his voice is like Toothy's.
- Flippy is shown to only have blood on his cheek and eye throughout the episode, but at the end, it is all over his mouth. However, this could be from the "smoothie" he drinks.
- The title of this episode describes a person who really likes to celebrate.
- When this episode was uploaded along with Ipso Fatso and Don't Yank My Chain on YouTube, the alternate title for the conglomeration of segments was "Lesser of Two Evils." Lumpy, Cuddles, and The Mole appear in all three of these episodes. Cuddles dies in all three episodes, while Lumpy and The Mole die twice.
- This episode introduces the idea that Flaky is allergic to peanuts, while Flippy is allergic to either peanuts or venison.
- After consuming the sugar-filled punch, Nutty spins around the house in a tornado like Taz from "Looney Tunes".
- The Mole's death is similar to Disco Bear's death in Rink Hijinks. Flaky is responsible for both deaths.
- This episode marks the second time Toothy is the first victim of Fliqpy. Incidentally, Toothy is Fliqpy's first victim in both Fliqpy's internet series debut (Hide and Seek) and his television series debut.
- This is the only episode in which The Mole and Flippy interact.
- The scene where Flippy's lips are cut off by the closing iris could possibly be a reference to Mission: Impossible III, when a man gets a part of one of his fingers cut off by a circular cigar cutter, similar to how the circular iris cut off his lips.
- This is one of the few episodes in which Lumpy appears without killing anyone or getting killed himself.
- The direction of Lumpy's antlers do not change in this episode.
- Nobody dies until 5 minutes into the episode.
- This is the first TV episode in which one character is not responsible for the deaths of every other character, which is extremely ironic considering the fact that this is a Fliqpy episode and Fliqpy is almost always responsible for all the deaths in an episode.
- Every death in this episode, with the exception of Sniffles', is indoors.
- Every death in the episode, with the exception of Cuddles', is caused by sharp objects.
- Nutty is indirectly responsible for every death in this episode, including his own since he and Flaky both cause Flippy to flip out. As he causes Flaky's allergic reaction, he is also indirectly responsible for her and The Mole's deaths. However, this is not a Sole Cause episode, as all the deaths but Flaky and The Mole's are primarily Fliqpy's fault and the kills are intentional.
- "Happy Birthday" was not used in this episode as it was not in the public domain at the time. If the writers had used Happy Birthday, they would have had to pay a fee for it, so instead they used "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow".
- When Flippy flips out from the balloons, the sounds in his flashback are exactly the same as the noises he hears and makes when he hides in Sneaky's body in the Ka-Pow! W.A.R. Journal episode Operation: Tiger Bomb.
- Flippy is the last main character to make his TV series debut.
- When The Mole dies, his hand pins the donkey tail in the right spot.
- This is the first TV episode in which a female takes a starring role. (Unless one counts Giggles in From Hero to Eternity as the first.)
- When Flaky pops the balloons because of her allergy, Flippy's background changes to a jungle theme. This might be because Flippy served in the Vietnam War or a flashback of what happened in W.A.R. Journal: Operation: Tiger Bomb.
- Nutty's death is similar to Mime's death/injury in Random Acts of Silence.
- Coincidentally, both of these deaths are caused by Fliqpy.
- Lumpy has a very short appearance in this episode, as he is only seen for ten seconds.
- Furthermore, this is one of the few instances in which Lumpy, as a doctor, is able to successfully help a patient. In many of his other appearances as a doctor (such as I Nub You), he generally fails to do his job well.
- In this episode, Toothy seems to be aware of Fliqpy's existence, as his eyes widen, he drops his plate in shock, shivers in fear, and begs for mercy shortly before his death. So does Cuddles, who looks at him worriedly after he kills Toothy, and Sniffles, who first runs away after Toothy is killed and jumps in the barrel after Flippy kills Mime.
- However, Flaky appears to be unaware at this point, given how trustingly and without hesitation she hands him the cake cutter, despite that it is both a weapon and likely to flip him out and that she is famous for her cowardice.
- It appears that Flippy is (somewhat) aware of his evil side, as he tries everything he can to calm himself down. This is evident when he snaps out of his trance when he sees a shiny metallic object that reminds him of a knife.
- Flaky and The Mole are the only characters in the party to not be killed by Fliqpy in this episode (although it is possible that Fliqpy planned to kill them afterwards).
- This is most likely due to the soldier moral code, as Flaky had suffered an allergic reaction and The Mole is blind.
- It is very unusual for Flippy to not pay attention to the carnage that he causes at the end of the episode (after he returns to his normal self when Flaky explodes). He even drinks the blood from the blender nonchalantly.
- This is an episode in which Flaky intentionally hurts someone and gets angry/annoyed. She slaps Nutty's hand when he tries to get the candy and she tells him no. However, there are rare other times when she does get angry or annoyed.
- This episode has led many fans to believe that Flippy and Flaky have a very strong relationship, as Flippy somehow controls and contains himself when Flaky gives him the cake knife, while he does flip out when Flaky is not near him. This is supported by the fact that he also does not kill her while in his flipped-out state.
- This is one of the few episodes in which Fliqpy kills male characters without killing any female characters. The others are Easy For You to Sleigh and Random Acts of Silence.
- This is the second time Fliqpy flips over a table. The first time is in Flippin' Burgers.
- The way Flaky swells up like a balloon after consuming a peanut is similar to a character from Roald Dahl's 1964 story "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", in which an expert gum chewer named Violet Beauregarde swells up after eating a specialized gum.
- At the beginning of the episode, Flaky becomes the first to try to stop Nutty from getting a sweet he is after. The only other character to have done this is Pop in A Sucker for Love.
- It is odd that Mime goes to Flippy's birthday party when they usually do not get along, even when Flippy is in his sane state, as can be seen in Keepin' it Reel. However, it should be noted that the aminosity seems to be mainly from Flippy's side.
- This episode marks the first TV absence of Giggles, Lifty, and Shifty, and the TV debut of Flippy.