|Kill Count:|| 9 (Main Characters)|
(2 Debatable Deaths)
| (19 from Regular Episodes)|
(1 from HTF Love Bites)
(1 from HTF Break)
|First Appearance:||Whose Line Is It Anyway?|
|Last Appearance:||Put Your Back Into It|
|First Victim:|| Lumpy|
| From Get Whale Soon (Internet) |
From Snow Place to Go (TV)
|First Death:||Whose Line Is It Anyway?|
|Voice Actor/Actress:|| Jeff Biancalana (2002 - 2005)|
Francis Carr(2006 - present)
A turquoise sea otter, Russell owns typical pirate accessories, such as a Jolly Roger hat, a striped red and white shirt, a hook, an eye-patch, and two wooden peg-legs. He enjoys fishing, sailing, and eating seafood, especially mussels, which was why he was named Russell. He also likes kite-flying and even runs his own fast-food restaurant (Mime to Five). His hook started off on his left hand, but was later moved to the right hand for the rest of the series. Russell's initial villain design depicted him with a five o'clock shadow; in his early appearances he appeared with it, however, the creators eventually scrapped it. He doesn't have a five o'clock shadow since Get Whale Soon.
Typically, his vocabulary consists only of "Yar!", though in the episode Get Whale Soon, he also says things like 'Aha!' and 'Huh?'. In A Sight for Sore Eyes, he can be heard apologizing to The Mole after accidentally bumping into him.
Sometimes, when put in a scary or violent situation, Russell will go insane and start laughing in a crazy manner as his eye turns grey, much like Flippy, as seen in Get Whale Soon and Snow Place to Go. However, instead of killing people, he just slashes stuff with his hook. Russell is rarely seen with the other characters, instead spending most of his time navigating. He does however appear in a few episodes with Lumpy, and lately, he seems to appear with the others more often as well. His deaths usually involve sea animals, explosions, and getting impaled.
In the episode Sea What I Found, when Russell woke up and went to his closet to change his peg-legs, it can be seen that his legs are partially amputated. He is the first character to wear shorts. He is also the third character without visible ears, as seen in his internet shorts introduction when he took his hat off for a few seconds, and in Something Fishy. Russell wears a stripy undershirt when he goes to sleep. He lives in a big pirate ship-shaped tree-house and sleeps on a hammock.
Since he only has one eye and his vision is becoming blurry, he is advised to wear a contact lens, as seen in A Sight for Sore Eyes.
He appears to be friends with Lumpy in Sea What I Found. He has also been seen with Nutty and Handy in Ipso Fatso, Disco Bear in The Wrong Side of the Tracks, and Sniffles in Double Whammy Part I. Furthermore, in Can't Stop Coffin he was seen playing baseball with Cuddles, Toothy and Cro-Marmot.
So far, the only internet episodes he survived in were Can't Stop Coffin, By The Seat Of Your Pants, and Put Your Back Into It. In the TV series, he survived A Sight for Sore Eyes, The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Chew Said a Mouthful, See What Develops, Easy Comb, Easy Go, and Double Whammy Part I . He also survived Milk Pong and YouTube Copyright School.
Love Bites Roles
Occupations and Careers
- For more information, see List of Occupations
- Pirate - Almost every regular episode he has starred, featured, or appeared in
- Fisherman - Whose Line Is It Anyway?; Sea What I Found
- Treasure Hunter - Sea What I Found
- Sanitation Engineer - Who's to Flame?
- Fast-Food Restaurant Owner - Mime to Five
- Ship Deck Swabber - Idol Curiosity
- Carnival Booth Operator - Aw, Shucks!; Double Whammy
- Bass Guitarist - In a Jam
- Fish Market Trucker - Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow
- Student/School Play Actor - Something Fishy
- Swimmer - By The Seat Of Your Pants
Seen on Computer and TV
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?: Is impaled through the mouth by a swordfish.
- Off the Hook: Hits a sea mine and explodes.
- Get Whale Soon: Impales his head on a ship's mast.
- Class Act: Dies in an explosion.
- Remains to be Seen: Dies in a truck crash, is revived as a zombie, and is then run over with a lawn mower by Lumpy.
- From Hero to Eternity: Sinks into a whirlpool and is burned by lava.
- Ipso Fatso: Is sliced to pieces by flying glass shards.
- Sea What I Found: Suffers decompression sickness, causing his muscles to expand through his skin.
- Who's to Flame?: Gets impaled by sharp and pointy objects.
- Snow Place to Go: Is eaten by an orca.
- Mime to Five: Is mauled by killer ducks.
- Idol Curiosity: Drowns when a boat he's connected to sinks.
- Aw, Shucks!: Crushed by a huge piece of popcorn (Death not seen).
- In a Jam: Is electrocuted by an electric guitar and blown to dust.
- Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow: Dies in a truck explosion.
- Sea of Love: Either drowns or is eaten by an anglerfish.
- Wrath of Con: Gets his head pierced by the tip of a pen flicked by Splendid.
- Something Fishy: Gets his head eaten by his killer fish.
- Happy New Year: Is crushed by Lumpy's van.
- Bottled Up Inside: Is forced through a bottle.
- You're Kraken Me Up: Is forced through a hole in his boat and likely drowns in the ocean.
- Concrete Solution: Dies when a bridge collapses.
- Breaking Wind: Is killed either by Splendid's gas or by Petunia setting the world on fire.
- Overkill DVD box set: Is killed in the explosion from Flippy's bomb. (Debatable and death not seen)
- Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm gameplay: Deaths and various injuries depending on the environment of the level, such as getting sliced by blades and saws, getting crushed and flattened like paper or cardboard, getting electrocuted or burned.
- Mayhem 2008 Wallpaper: Possibly killed by a chainsaw. (Debatable and not seen)
- Happy New Year 2008 Calendar: Gets a hook through his mouth and his eye.
- Fall Harvest Wallpaper: Splatters on the ground. (Death not seen)
- Un-named Wallpaper: Is killed when Flippy's dynamite explodes. (Death not seen)
- HTF Hot-Topic T-Shirt: Is burned by Flippy.
- I'm Hooked on You 2011 Calendar: Is hooked through the eye.
Seen in Arcade Games
- Fire Escape: Falls to his death.
- Petunia Balance: Drowns in bloody water.
- Dumb Ways to Die: Dies of oil poisoning when his oil tanker crashes and leaks in the North Pole.
- On Thin Ice: Is eaten by a giant squid if the game is lost.
Seen on Computer and TV
- Prior to the series: Lost his right eye, both of his legs, and his right hand. (Permanent)
- Whose Line is it Anyway: Chokes on a blow-fish.
- Off the Hook:
- Crushed by an anchor.
- Has his eyelid caught by a fishing hook.
- Gets zapped by an eel.
- Gets dragged through jagged coral.
- Sea What I Found: Is beaten by sea animals.
- Chew Said a Mouthful: Is splashed by a bucket of hot water, painfully burning him.
- Idol Curiosity:
- Gets his peg legs stuck in boards.
- Gets hit by an anchor, pulling his intestines out.
- Gets pulled through a ring of fire.
- A Sight for Sore Eyes: Puts on Nutty's googly eye, mistaking it for his contact lens, and his vision reddens.
- Sea of Love: Has the skin on his face ripped off by an anglerfish.
- Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow: Is pinned under a truck.
- Bottled Up Inside: Is impaled by a bottle.
- You're Kraken Me Up: Gets patches of skin ripped off by the suction cups on a squid's tentacles.
Number of Kills
|Character||Number of Times Killed||Episodes|
|Toothy||1||Snow Place to Go|
|Lumpy||1||Get Whale Soon|
|Giggles||1||You're Kraken Me Up (Along with The Giant Squid)|
|Nutty||1||A Sight for Sore Eyes (Along with Sniffles)|
|Sniffles||1||Something Fishy (along with his piranha and Lumpy)|
|Cub||1||Bottled Up Inside|
|The Mole||1||Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow (Along with Lumpy)|
|Disco Bear||1||Put Your Back Into It|
|Mime||1||Something Fishy (Along with his piranha and Lumpy)|
|Other||1||1 Swordfish in Whose Line Is It Anyway? (Debatable)|
- Deadbye Derby: Kills Cuddles, Toothy, Petunia, Handy, Sniffles, Nutty, Disco Bear, and Splendid by flinging rocks at them with a slingshot.
- On Thin Ice: Kills the giant squid and has its body sliced like sushi.
Episodes Survived by Season
|Season||Number of Appearences||Deaths||Survived|
- Internet series: 36.36%
- Breaks and Love Bites: 0%
- TV series: 51%
- Total Rate: 36.36%