Spin Fun Knowin' Ya is the second episode of the Happy Tree Friends, and being the first in the internet series. This is also the episode that introduces Cuddles, Giggles, and Toothy; three cute and cuddly characters doomed to disaster and Lumpy, who is a moose well known for his stupidity.
HTF Episode Description
Spin Fun Knowin' Ya is the very first Happy Tree Friends episode! This show introduces the core character group and also sets up the theme of "innocent mayhem" that runs throughout the entire series. Lumpy is spinning the gang on a merry-go-round, only to have things spiral out of control. A clip of this show was seen in Jennifer Aniston's movie, "The Good Girl."
The very first episode of the series begins with a blue moose named Lumpy spinning a merry-go-round with three cute creatures on it: a yellow rabbit named Cuddles, a pink chipmunk named Giggles, and a mauve beaver named Toothy. Excited, Cuddles tells Lumpy to spin them faster. Happy to oblige, Lumpy begins to spin the merry-go-round faster with his eyes closed, which enthralls the three kids. Suddenly, Toothy flies off after losing his grip, causing him to fly right into a tree, breaking his back, and embedding his buckteeth into the tree. His body then slides down the tree in a gruesome fashion.
Giggles realizes that they're moving too fast, so she hugs the pole she's holding onto, hoping she won't fly off. Suddenly, the bar she's holding onto breaks off, sending her flying away as well. She flies right onto a tree stump, cutting her body in half completely, and the bar she was holding onto to impale her chest.
Cuddles screams and hangs onto his pole for dear life, trying to not fly away like his fellow friends. Sadly, the force is too much for Cuddles, as his hands rip off from his body, hurling him into the right engine of a parked plane, shredding him to bits and splattering his blood all over the plane.
Meanwhile, Lumpy, who is oblivious to the fates of the children, continues to spin the merry-go-round until he stops when he runs out of breath. The merry-go-round comes to a complete stop, and Lumpy immediately notices Cuddles' severed hands still clutching onto the pole. Upon seeing this and possibly the damage he has done, Lumpy turns around and walks away, pretending not to notice. The episode ends with Cuddles' severed hands sliding down the pole, where they plop to the ground.
"Don't forget to floss!"
- Toothy flies off the merry-go-round and slams into a tree, breaking his bones and back.
- Giggles flies into a chopped piece of wood, cutting her in half. She is then impaled by the merry-go-round's detached bar.
- Cuddles flies off the merry-go-round and into a plane's engine, shredding him to bits.
- Cuddles' arms are ripped off when Lumpy spins the merry-go-round too fast.
- Amount of surviving main characters: 1
- Amount of dead main characters: 3
- Total rate: 25%
- One of the merry-go-round's poles breaks and falls off.
- The engine of the plane might be ruined when Cuddles flies into it.
- In the beginning of the episode, Cuddles has white cheeks, but they later become pink. (Fixed in the classics remastered version)
- In the beginning, whenever Giggles is shown from the back, her left ear appears to turn purple.
- Also, in the beginning of the episode, Giggles does not show any buckteeth when her mouth is closed, but that changes soon after. This error is still seen on her appearance on the intro for the rest of Season 1.
- The backs of everyone's ears have holes.
- Toothy's tail seems to be in a strange angle when his back is turned.
- If Cuddles and Toothy were outstretched like they were, they should have hit Lumpy, but they didn't.
- When Toothy breaks his back, he loses his hair.
- When Toothy hits the tree, his tail goes missing.
- When Giggles looks at Toothy as he flies away, her philtrum is gone, this happens again when her pole breaks.
- When Giggles was about to hit the tree stump, Giggles' eye, ear, bow, and nose is missing.
- When Giggles died, her buckteeth aren't visible.
- When Giggles gets impaled by the merry-go-round bar, her body outline color was yellow.
- When Cuddles' hands are shown gripping the bar at the end, they are facing the wrong way.
- Even though Cuddles' hands are torn off by the force of the merry-go-round's spinning, severed hands fly out the back of the airplane engine.
- Giggles flew away with one of the merry-go-round's poles, but when Lumpy stops, all four poles are present.
- Cuddles' hands aren't visible on the merry-go-round until it comes to a complete stop.
- Lumpy's antlers change directions at the end.
Quick Shot Moment
When Lumpy continues to spin the merry-go-round after everybody flies off of it, there is a brief shot of Giggles holding onto the merry-go-round before she flies off.