- Since Giggles appears to enjoy dancing with Disco Bear, it is possible that her and Petunia's deaths/injuries in this episode is the cause of their usual attitude towards him.
- Despite this being his first appearance, this is the only Season 1 episode in which Disco Bear appears and stars.
- In one frame of Petunia getting electrocuted one can see a tea cup in Petunia's left eye.
- This is the only regular episode that does not star Lumpy where Disco Bear survives.
- This episode makes Petunia the fourth character to come back to life for another episode.
- This is one of four episodes featuring Disco Bear's theme song. The other three are Ski Ya, Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya!, Hello Dolly, and Blind Date.
- This is one of the few episodes where the number of female characters out numbers the number of male characters. The others are Boo Do You Think You Are?, Ski Ya, Wouldn't Wanna Be Ya!, Royal Flush, and Take Your Seat.
- Just like in Ipso Fatso and Easy Comb, Easy Go, Disco Bear is responsible for every characters death.
- This is the only time Disco Bear accidentally kills other characters while dancing.
- This is also the only time he harms or kills Giggles and Petunia despite frequently appearing with them.
- This is one of only three episodes that Disco Bear stars in and survives. The others are A Change of Heart and Easy Comb, Easy Go.
- This is also the first internet episode that Disco Bear survives. It would be another decade before he would survive another one (this episode being By The Seat Of Your Pants).
- This is the first time a character (Petunia) dies a bloodless death.
- This is one of the few episodes where every male character shown survives and every female character shown dies.
- After Disco Bear growls at the audience at the beginning of this episode, he can be heard muttering to himself. If one listens closely, he can be heard saying something that sounds like "Warm, little bananas" (bananas being a 70's slang for "crazy").
- When Giggles hands Disco Bear a cookie, she can be clearly heard saying, "You want a cookie?".
- The episode's title might be based off the song Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees.
- The part where Disco Bear dances, freezes, and splits into 3 different colored screens is a reference to the music video for Billie Jean by Micheal Jackson.
- The moral means that eating nutritious food will make you healthier. As a result, you won't need to go to the doctor very often.
- Giggles' death is similar to Russell's injury in Chew Said a Mouthful and Cuddles' injury in Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow.