|The happy tree friends|
enjoy a day on the ice
|Episode List:||Internet Season 1|
|Previous Episode||You're Bakin' Me Crazy|
|Next Episode||Meat Me for Lunch|
"Tongue Twister Trouble " is an episode of the Happy Tree Friends internet series, the ninteenth of the first season. This episode continues Sniffles' eternal struggle with the ants. It also introduces Cro-Marmot, an ancient mammal frozen in a block of ice and Mitens/Honey, Giggles' beloved cat.
A leisurely ice skate goes horribly wrong in this snowy Happy Tree Friends episode. The ants once again take revenge on Sniffles the anteater. He just can't get a break!
As the Happy Tree Friends enjoy a day of ice skating, Sniffles comes upon an ant. While trying to eat the ant, Sniffles' tongue misses and gets stuck to the ice. He tries to pull his tongue off the ice, but only succeeds in tearing the skin on the bottom of his tongue. trapping him.
The ants then toss a toy mouse onto Sniffles' tongue, and unleash Mittens/Honey out of a cage. Mittens/Honey pounces over to the toy mouse and extends her claws while pulling on the skin on Sniffles' tongue. Next, the ants tie a rope around Sniffles' tail and tie the other end to an anvil, which they knock into a hole in the ice.
Sniffles' tongue gets stretched out as he is pulled towards the water, but eventually he stops sliding backwards. His tongue is the only thing stopping him from certain death. Mittens/Honey then uses her claws to slash Sniffles' tongue in half, and Sniffles painfully slides into the water. As the episode ends, we see Mittens/Honey curled up and purring on Sniffles' severed tongue.
"Mind your manners!"
- Sniffles is pulled into the water by an anvil and gets encased in ice, causing him to freeze to death or be put into suspended animation. (debatable because of Cro-Marmot)
- Main article: Tongue Twister Trouble/Gallery
- Sniffles' scarf disappears as he begins sliding into the water.
- Cro-Marmot makes a brief cameo in this episode, skating by in the background. As this is his first appearance in the series, he is the only character who did not star in his debut episode.
- When Sniffles falls down, trying to reach down to catch the ant, his glasses are off for a brief second, showing he has small, dotted eyes (similar to the eyes of Cub and Mr. Pickles). Later in A Sight for Sore Eyes, Sniffles is shown to have typical HTF eyes.
- This marks the first episode where only the starring character dies and the featuring/appearance characters survive.
- Cro-Marmot being in a big block of ice and still surviving makes Sniffles' death debatable.
- This is the first episode of season 1 to be uploaded to the Mondo Media YouTube channel and the 5th overall of the Happy Tree Friends episodes uploaded.
- In conjuction with Cro-Marmot's first appearance, this is also the first episode to use the "Mondo" watermark up to Icy You.